14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
- Experience with the Linux command line interface.
- An understanding of enterprise application development concepts.
- IT specialists
The course is intended for IT specialists that want to set up a solution based on RabbitMQ, the highly reliable enterprise messaging system that implements the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP).
1. Introduction to RabbitMQ
- Setting up the required folders
- Downloading and installing RabbitMQ
2. Understanding messaging
- The role of a consumer
- The role of a producer
- Bindings consumers and producers
- Messages and durability
- How to verify delivery
3. Administering RabbitMQ
- Starting and stopping nodes
- RabbitMQ configuration files
- How to manage privileges
- Viewing statistics and analyzing logs
- Sending alerts
- How to set up parallel processing
4. High availability with cluster
- Architecture of a cluster
- Queues in a cluster
- Setting up a test cluster
- Distributing the nodes to more machines
- How to preserve messages: mirrored queues
5. A programmer perspective
- Writing robust code
- Installing and configuring HAProxy
- Failing clients between servers
6. Implementing failover and replication
- Setting up a load balancer-based master/slave
- Installing the Shovel plugin
- Configuring and running Shovel
7. Web tools to administer RabbitMQ
- The RabbitMQ Management plugin
- Managing RabbitMQ from the web console
- Administering users from the web console
- Managing queue from the web console
- Using the command line interface
8. RabbitMQ and the REST API
- REST API features
- Accessing statistics
- vhost and user provisioning
9. Monitoring and securing RabbitMQ
- Message durability and Message acknowledgement
- Memory usage and process limits
- Setting up SSL
Deep knowledge and coverage of the subject. Good delivery and presentation. Respectful and engaging with the audience. Very nice person.
I liked the fact I was able to provide some input into what subjects areas I expected on the course, hence the trainer made some alterations to include them.
I generally liked the variability.
Everything was fine.
I enjoyed the practical examples on how concepts can be applied.
Ministry of Home Affairs
I was very pleased with how the training covered all the topics in the curriculum and focused on the ones we were most in need of.
Lilliahna Martin - Payspan, Inc.; Payspan, Inc.
I liked the hands-on approach of the training.
I genuinely liked the ha; Federation; Shovel.
Raymundo Maciel Yelmi
The trainer was an expert on his subject and was able to answer every single question.
Ioannis Bitros - BYTE Computer
Fulvio used the limited time (2 days only) very efficiently and gave all the information possible as much as he can. The training was very well prepared, we had no issues about the installations and our tests.
Koray Akay - Payvision
Practical, trainer approach.
Sławomir Wojtczak - PGE Systemy
How interactive and discursive the training was
He is very knowledgeable and introduced us to several new tools and functions in the rabbitmq world.
Practical real world experiences from the trainer
Zenner Hessware GmbH